This expert has over 30 years’ experience as a Senior Systems Engineer. He has extensive knowledge within the power sector including product & application assignments in protective relays and communication equipment used for industrial and utility electrical systems. His area of expertise is in the determination of relay settings to meet specific job requirements creating protection in generation, transmission and distribution systems. This expert has considerable product development and testing experience in distribution, protective equipment and systems. For the past several years he has been involved in the teaching of the application of protection, automation, and communication equipments in company sponsored technical courses and programs.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, 1964
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1967
- Master of Business Administration, West Chester University, West Chester, PA. Graduate School of Business Administration, 2004
RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, Senior Systems Application Engineer – 2012 to Present.
Basler Electric Co., Power Systems Group Highland, IL. Senior Systems Application Engineer, Marketing Dept. – Protective Relays – 2006 to 2011.
- Provide application engineering support to customers for Power System Group products in the Northeastern USA. Also facilitate in sales by promoting Basler protective relays to potential and existing customers. Provide assistance to sales representatives with training, conduct product presentations and seminars for customers, and participate in industry functions. Assist in product planning and marketing programs for the enhancement of the protective relay business. Involved in unique customer applications and relay setting determinations.
EnerG Test, Div. of TRI-M Group, Kennett Square, PA – 2004 to 2005.
- Assignments involved the preparation of material and training for department personnel in power system protection. The tutorial related to relay testing and proper maintenance of the units. Application of relays regarding distribution and sub-transmission systems also presented. Also involved in business development and marketing activities.
ABB Automation, Inc., Protective Relay Division,. Allentown, PA. Senior Systems Application Engineer and Product Manager, Marketing Dept. – Protective Relays, 1999 to2002.
- Assignment in the marketing and application of protective relays used in power systems. Provided solutions to unique applications of relays including the analysis of coordination, and relay settings in industrial and utility power systems. Also involved in teaching several company sponsored courses in protection. Distribution protection relay product manager responsible for the marketing and application of these types of digital relays.
General Electric Company, Philadelphia and Malvern, PA – 1967 to 1999.
Design engineer & senior design engineer – Protective relay engineering department – 1967 to 1978.
- Responsible for the design of electro-mechanical and solid state protective relays used in the power industry.
- Also was responsible for transmission line protection projects including the communication equipment for HV and EHV transmission lines primarily used in utility application.
Sales / Marketing and Application Engineer – Protective relays & Communication equipment – 1978 to 1999.
- Various assignments in the marketing and application of protective relays, Power Line Carrier, and audio tone communication equipment used in all facets of power systems. Provided solutions to unique applications of relays in power systems. Also involved in teaching company sponsored courses in power systems for the utility and industrial segments, and the analysis of coordination of relays in industrial and utility power systems. This involved the actual settings of relays mostly for transmission line protection, and medium voltage applications including generation.