A senior Air Traffic Control Specialist and Air Safety Investigator with over forty-five years of experience in the air traffic control environment. His experience ranges from being a hands-on air traffic controller; developing, authoring, and training others in use of ATC procedures to serving as an expert and principal advisor to the Air Traffic Branch Chief, New England Regional Office, Burlington, MA, in the day-to-day management and operations of a specified number of air traffic field facilities which consisted of Flight Service Stations (FSS) and Terminal ATC facilities.
Later in his career, as an Air Traffic Control Specialist, he reviewed ATC accident packages for causation; participated in accident/incident situations and provided on-site evaluations of ATC services; provided technical support to General Counsels Office and the Department of Justice in litigation cases involving ATC; assisted the Evaluation Branch with on-site evaluations of ATC facilities; provided guidance to regional and facility personnel in accident/incident investigations; and provided expert witness testimony at trials and/or depositions.
- Federal Aviation Administration Academy, Oklahoma City – Air Traffic Control Basic Training, Accident Investigation Courses, etc.
- North Western University, NH – Accident Investigation Course
- St. Anselm’s College, BS degree, Manchester, NH
- United States Air Force, Radar Operator at ground base stations, 1953-1957
- Senior ATC Specialist and Air Safety Investigator, RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, 2006 – present.
- Aviation Consultant, Winchester, VA, aircraft accidents/incidents analysis and investigation, 1986 – present.
- Air Traffic Control Specialist – Accident/Incident Analysis Branch, Federal Aviation Administration, Washington, DC, 1978 – 1985.
- Operations Specialist, Air Traffic Control Specialist, New England Regional Office, Burlington, MA, 1978.
- Supervisor, Air Traffic Control Specialist, Boston Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC), Nashua, NH, 1975 -1978; Controller and Area Specialist, Air Traffic Control Specialist, Boston ARTCC, Nashua, NH, 1975.
- Collateral Assignments: Voice Tape Transcriber, Boston ARTCC, 1970 – 1975; Training Instructor, Boston, ARTCC, 1973 – 1975; Radar Evaluator, Boston ARTCC, 1973.
- Controller, Air Traffic Control, Specialist, Boston ARTCC, 1958 – 1974.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Member, International Society of Air Safety Investigators (ISASI)
- Member, Air Traffic Control Association