A Meteorology, Hydrometeorology, and Weather Warnings consultant specializing in climate impact and weather technology assessments for industrial and government clients; forensic weather investigations for the legal profession; field measurement program development and implementation; university-level meteorology instruction; and popular weather education presentations.
- Pennsylvania State University B.Sc. (Meteorology) Awarded 1971
- University of Wisconsin-Madison M.Sc. (Meteorology) Awarded 1973
- University of Bonn, West Germany U. Wisconsin-University Awarded 1973
- Bonn Exchange Scholarship
- Meteorology, Hydrometeorology, and Weather Warnings consultant, RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, 2006-present
- Member/Manager, private weather information service, New York, 1985-present
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Meteorology at Union College, Schenectady, New York, 1988-2000
- Consulting meteorologist and adjunct science faculty member at the University of Hartford, Connecticut (Introductory Meteorology 120). Associate staff meteorologist at the Talcott Mountain Science Center for Student Involvement, Inc. in Avon, Connecticut, 1985-1986
- Senior research meteorologist at Associated Weather Services, Inc., Albany, New York, 1984-1985
- Consulting meteorologist, Schenectady, New York, 1981-1984
- Research associate, Atmospheric Sciences Research Center, State University of New York, Albany. Adjunct meteorology instructor, Russell Sage College, Troy, New York (Foundations of Science). (Spring 1978). Adjunct meteorology instructor, College of Saint Rose, Albany, New York (Introduction to Meteorology), (Spring 1977), 1977-1981
- Meteorologist, Air Resources Laboratories, National Oceanic and Atmospheric
- Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland, 1975-1977
Professional Associations and Activities:
- American Meteorological Society (1975-present)
- AMS Board on Private Sector Meteorology (1996-1998); Chairman (1998)
- AMS Commission on Professional Affairs (1998)
- AMS Board on Continuing Education (2001-2004)
- National Council of Industrial Meteorologists (1988-present)
- NCIM President (1999-2000)
- NCIM Board of Directors (1998-2002)
- NCIM Secretary/Treasurer (2004-2006)
- NCIM Treasurer (2006-present)
- Interior of Eastern New York Chapter of the American Meteorological Society (1978-1987); Vice President (1981-1982), President (1982-1983)
- Eastern New York Weather Observer Network (1987-present)
- American Association of Weather Observers (1984-1997)
- International Weather Watchers (1993-1996)
- Executive Board, Environmental Clearinghouse, Schenectady, NY (1987-2004)
- Associate, Technology Assessment Group, Power Technologies, Inc., Schenectady, NY (1987-2004)
- Organizer and panelist, AMS Short Course entitled “Becoming a Weather Entrepreneur,” American Meteorological Society, 80th Annual Meeting, Jan 2000, Long Beach, CA.
- Co-Chairman, AMS Short Course entitled “Forensic Meteorology: Principles, Practices and Procedures,” American Meteorological Society, 85th Annual Meeting. 9 Jan 2005. San Diego, CA.
- Organizing Committee, NCIM/NOAA Short Course entitled “The Nation’s Weather Enterprise: Public/Private Sector Partnership,” Co-sponsored by the National Council of Industrial Meteorologists and the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 1 June 2006, Washington, D.C.
- Certified Consulting Meteorologist (#411), American Meteorological Society, Sept 1987.