Crane and Heavy Equipment Expert
He has over 25 years of experience in crane safety and is the owner of a leading crane inspection company in the northeast region. He currently inspects over 1,800 devices per year, including makes such as derricks, suspended personnel platforms, gantry, all-terrain, tower, truck, and marine cranes. He has earned the approval of companies such as Dimeo, Gilbane, Kiewit, Lend-lease, Skanska, Suffolk, Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC (TZC) and Turner. His prior experience with lift equipment came from working, owning, and operating a heavy equipment distribution business that exported equipment throughout the world. Principal lines were cranes, excavators, and aerial lifts.
He has served as an expert witness for over 30 law firms in several cases nationwide, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maryland, and Ohio.
Registrations and Licenses
• OSHA Accredited Maritime Signatory
• Licensed Crane Operator in Connecticut
• Certified Crane Surveyor's Card for Mobile and Tower Cranes from CCAA
• Mobile Crane Inspection Certification from NCCCO
• TWIC Credential
• RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, Crane and Heavy Equipment Expert, 2019 to present.
• Private Company, Owner, 1990 to present
Provides third-party inspections of lift equipment as required by Federal OSHA/USDOL and state codes. Performs inspections in the following categories: construction, maritime, general industry, suspended personnel platforms, and below-the-hook devices. Offers mobile crane safety training courses, crane purchasing consulting and appraisal, accident investigation and expert witness testimony.
• "Heavy" Equipment Corporation, Owner 1965-1990
Heavy equipment distributor covering New England region for crane and excavator equipment. Extensive involvement in all departments during 25 years of service. Overall responsibility was assumed as CEO in 1973 and full ownership in 1975.
Professional Associations and Activities
• Crane Certification Association of America (1992 to present)
President of Crane Certification Association of America (2009-2011)
• State of Connecticut Examining Board for Crane Operators.
Gubernatorial appointment in February 2010.
• National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO)
Co-Chair: Task Force for Crane Inspector Certification
Chair: Standing Committee for Crane Inspector Certification
• Connecticut Construction Industries Association
Presently Chair of the Safety Committee
Past President – Equipment Dealers Div.
Past Treasurer – Overall Organization
• Past Member – Associated Equipment Distributors Association
Past Lt. Director for New England Region 1
• Past Member – Utility Contractors Association
Man of the Year - 1979
• Babson’s Midwest Institute, AA, Business Administration and Management 1962-1965
• Manufacturer Courses & Seminars – 1965 - present