- Battery Analysis
- Electrical Codes & Standards
- Electrical Equipment
- High Voltage Equipment
- Power Interruption
- Power Plants & Substations
- Shocks & Electrocution
RTI's utility experts in design, manufacturing, and operation have provided services to the power industry for more than four decades
From expert engineering analysis to visual presentation, RTI has the people, the experience, the technology, and the vision to manage projects for the utility industry, solve problems, and communicate results effectively.
An innovative leader in technical evaluation services for electric utilities since 1975, RTI’s forensic engineering experts are recognized as experienced problem-solvers. We have developed techniques and analytical methods using the most recent technologies to ensure the highest quality expertise and services at a reasonable cost.
Our consultants specialize in many areas, including:
- Conducting forensic root cause analyses of major power generation and distribution accidents
- Analyzing equipment failures and performance problems
- Providing improved equipment reliability recommendations
- Assessing the condition of aging equipment for repair/replace options
- Addressing “prudence issues” related to rate-based and regulatory hearings
- Acting as a spokesperson in press conferences, city council meetings, and in courts of law
- Conducting audit and reliability studies for operating utility plants and distribution systems
- Authoring technical books and guidelines for the utility industry
- Boiler systems, cables, electrical faults, electrocutions, explosion analysis, fire cause analysis, fire modeling, fire protection, generators, materials, and mechanical systems, nuclear reactors, substations, toxic substances, transformers, transmission, and distribution systems, turbines, protection systems, and visual communications.