This expert has over twenty years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, fraud investigation, risk assessment, compliance, internal controls, ethics and consulting. Effective communicator with excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills. Gifted in collaborating and working with all levels of personnel, and independently completing difficult assignments.
RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD,
Forensic Accountant, December 2020 to present.
Chilton’s, Nashville, Tennessee,
Accounting Consultant, November 2020 – Current
• Managing all aspects of accounting including invoicing, cash management, accounts payable, general ledger, journal entries, month end close and monthly financial reporting.
• Developing accounting policies and procedures.
• Special projects as needed.
Robert Half, Nashville, Tennessee,
Accounting Consultant, March 2020 – July 2020
• Provided support to a company going through an acquisition.
• Interfaced with external auditors to provide financial based sampling information including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, contracts, fixed assets, depreciation and various financial reports.
• Assisted in calculating deferred revenues.
• Analyzed expense and revenue variances.
• Performed general ledger account reconciliations including fixed assets, depreciation, payroll, intercompany transactions and property tax accruals.
Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority, Nashville, Tennessee,
Manager of Internal Audit, December 2011 – July 2019
• Managed all aspects of the internal audit function including interviewing, hiring, training, coaching/mentoring, planning and directing work, appraising performance and resolving problems.
• Managed internal audits including evaluating internal controls, preparation of the audit program, performing/documenting audit test work and issuing the audit report.
• Assessed risk and applied appropriate audit procedures.
• Prepared concise written audit reports communicating audit findings and recommendations to executive management.
• Managed audit staff and consultants for all outsourced projects.
• Managed the performance of the external auditors.
• Managed, researched, and investigated reports filed through the fraud hotline.
• Established and maintained effective internal and external working relationships.
• Performed the annual risk assessment to develop the annual audit plan based on corporate risks and strategic objectives.
• Prepared materials for and made presentations to the Audit Committee.
• Developed and maintained annual operating budget.
• Developed annual departmental objectives and monitored accomplishments of goals.
• Documented policies and procedures.
• Tracked open and closed audit findings on a quarterly basis reporting results to the Audit Committee.
• Performed semi-annual inventory cycle counts, reconciled ERP records to physical counts and reported on errors identified.
• Experience working on Six Sigma teams.
Internal Auditor, August 2004 – December 2011
• Audited department and tenant financial records to ascertain fulfillment of financial and operational responsibilities.
• Audited a variety of accounting, financial and operational records by applying professional accounting and auditing principles.
• Performed research on policies, laws and regulations to evaluate compliance.
• Performed statistical analysis and other methods for evaluating data.
• Reviewed concessionaire’s annual statement of gross revenues to determine contract compliance and revenue obligations.
• Identified inefficient practices and assessed alternatives that may yield improvements.
• Prepared concise written audit reports detailing audit findings and recommendations.
Accountant, June 2002 - August 2004
• Coordinated monthly close, including financial statement preparation, analysis and reporting.
• Performed monthly detailed general ledger account reconciliations.
• Recorded, depreciated, disposed and reconciled fixed assets.
• Managed all aspects of project accounting from reviewing approved capital invoices for contract compliance to tracking and reporting of capital expenses.
• Developed annual capital budget with input from CFO and various departments.
• Reconciled inventory receipts to the general ledger.
• Assisted in month end accruals.
• Accounts payable and payroll backup.
• Expense variance analysis.
• Prepared monthly parking revenue report for internal distribution.
• Supported the financial statement audit by preparing schedules and updating footnotes.
• Prepared board slides and analysis for the CFO.
• Responsible for federal and state grant administration.
• Completed special projects that required critical thinking and analysis.
Yeary, Howell & Associates, Nashville, Tennessee,
Auditor, July 2001 - June 2002
• Audited governmental, non-profit and municipal entities.
• Performed financial audits in areas such as cash, accounts payables, fixed assets and inventory.
• Assisted in audit procedures from fieldwork to compilation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.
• Prepared fiduciary tax returns.
• Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, Tennessee, Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Accounting
• TeamMate, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Epicore, Microsoft Dynamics AX and ABM.
Professional Associations and Activities
• Professional member of the Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Institute of Internal Auditors.