This expert has substantial engineering experience on both domestic and international projects in the areas of project/construction management, consulting engineering, design, contract administration and construction claims analysis and resolution. He has provided expert testimony in mediation, arbitration, and various courts on issues of engineering and construction. He has been the lead engineer for security/threat/vulnerability analyses and design for a major utility and several port and transportation facilities on the East Coast. His professional experience includes the design of structures, environmental engineering remediation, building codes, civil engineering, construction, construction safety, explosions, forensic engineering, geotechnical engineering, mining, safety engineering, seismology, and vibration analysis. This expert developed his expertise through education and practice in the areas of structural, environmental and civil engineering. This expert is a recognized expert in engineering standards and codes including BOCA, ANSI, ASTM and EPA regulations. He has taught civil and structural engineering courses at the United States Military Academy. He presents seminars and courses to industry interest groups and has been a speaker at national and international conferences. This expert has also produced deposition and court testimony in support of litigation as an expert witness.
Senior Ride Safety and Operations Consultant
• Consulting Services specializing in amusement and entertainment industry safety training, inspections, ASTM audits, and general safety consulting as well as performing as liaison for governmental affairs.
• Program manager for Maryland Safety Inspection unit for 3 years overseeing amusement ride, boiler, elevator, and railroad inspection units.
• Supervised the amusement ride safety unit for the State of Maryland for 4 years.
• Inspected amusement rides for 10 years.
• Conducted accident investigations for the State of Maryland and for independent consulting firms.
• Current member of the NAARSO Certification Committee
• Past President of the Council for Amusement and Recreation Equipment Safety.
• Conducted training for new employees who would inspect amusement attractions.
• Voting member of the ASTM F-24 Committee on Amusement Rides and Devices.
• 17 years small business management experience.
• More than 3 years’ experience working at Baltimore Washington International Airport coordinating and performing fuel operations.
• Served a three-year term on the United Auto Workers Local 239 Election Board.
• Testified before Legislative Committees of the Maryland General Assembly on various safety unit issues.
Crane and Heavy Equipment Expert
He has over 25 years of experience in crane safety and is the owner of a leading crane inspection company in the northeast region. He currently inspects over 1,800 devices per year, including makes such as derricks, suspended personnel platforms, gantry, all-terrain, tower, truck, and marine cranes. He has earned the approval of companies such as Dimeo, Gilbane, Kiewit, Lend-lease, Skanska, Suffolk, Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC (TZC) and Turner. His prior experience with lift equipment came from working, owning, and operating a heavy equipment distribution business that exported equipment throughout the world. Principal lines were cranes, excavators, and aerial lifts.
He has served as an expert witness for over 30 law firms in several cases nationwide, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maryland, and Ohio.
Safety and Health Specialist
He has over 20 years of experience with environmental health and safety consulting projects. His background includes analysis of depositions and trial testimony records for cases associated with workplace health, safety, and environmental concerns, as well as property assessment/records review, and Phase I environmental site assessments. He has researched the health and safety regulations concerning a variety of contaminants, including asbestos, lead, coal tars and volatile chemicals. He is well-versed in the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), the American Industrial Hygiene Association, the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), the Association for Testing and Materials (ASTM), and numerous other federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines affecting environmental health and safety. He develops and implements safety and health programs and trains anything OSHA including OSHA Construction 10 and 30 hour certificate classes. He has also completed numerous construction audits and understands OSHA related construction regulations as well as local Maryland regulations (MOSH).
RTI is a pioneering, global accident and failure investigation and safety management consultancy serving the legal and insurance markets. With origins dating back to 1975, our forensic engineering services span comprehensive high-risk industries and transportation operations disciplines, including aviation, marine, rail, utilities, nuclear, explosion, and construction.